今天我們就來學學跟
有關的片語吧!
it never rains but it pours 禍不單行
e.g. I forgot to bring my wallet this morning and then my car broke down on my way home. It never rains but it pours. (今早我忘了帶錢包,然後回家途中我的車子又壞了,真是禍不單行。)
rain on somebody’s parade 掃別人的興、煞風景
e.g. I definitely won’t tell my mum about my good result, as she always rains on my parade. (我絕對不會告訴媽媽我的好成績,因為她總是掃雅興的。)
(come) rain or shine 無論如何
e.g. Rain or shine, I’ll be on your side. (無論怎樣,我總會在你身邊的。)
take a rain check 改天再(做)
e.g.
: Wanna join us at the gym this afternoon?(今天下午跟我們一起去健身房嗎?)
: I’m afraid I’ll take a rain check. I’ve still got assignments to finish. (恐怕要改天才.
可。我還未完成功課。)
save sth for a rainy day 留待有需要的時候才用
e.g. Don’t always keep buying new phones. You should save the money for a rainy day.
(不要經常購買新電話吧。你應當把錢儲起來以備不時之需。)
as right as rain 十分健康、狀態良好
e.g. Mom! Don’t worry! I’m already as right as rain now. (媽,不用擔心啊!我現在已回復狀
態了。)
#idiom
Visit our online shop for worksheets on more different idioms!

